Ram Gopal Varma Blog #126. My Reactions to Reactions

1. The lone buoy donging sound in JAWS is the best example for sound.
Ans: Yes, it is. That greatly inspired me. Really appreciate that in the days of people mostly not even remembering stories of the films they see after a few days, you actually still remember a sound effect.

2. Why are you filmmakers still copying in the name of inspiration?
Ans: It’s because we don’t have access to your creative genius.

3. Is Antham background music inspired from Terminator?
Ans: Yes and I am impressed with you for realizing that.

4. No matter how beautiful it is, won’t we loose interest once we reach our destination?
Ans: There cannot be a final destination ever as life should be constantly travelling till death. So the moment you reach your cherished destination you have to set your goal on a new destination.

5. Isn’t Daud a direct lift from “Romancing the Stone”?
Ans: Yes, and also from a dozen other films. On top of all those cult classic hits I added my very own individual creative genius to fuck them up.

6. Now that you have written your prologue I will stop barking.
Ans: Thank you Naughty. If you promise not to tell anybody let me confess that I was actually getting jealous of you taking attention away from me.

P.S: But I meant what I said in the prologue. Thanks again.

7. Would love to hear in your words about Sridevi.
Ans: Sex personified into a beauty.

8. You have an eye for talent.
Ans: There is no such thing as Talent. People fit in the right subject, right character, right place, right time and in a right state of mind. I picked up a talent like Manoj Bajpai and also a talent like Mohit Ahlawat which basically speaks oodles about my talent.

9. I get pretty disappointed when you make films like James etc.
Ans: You are not alone my friend. There are loads of people out there who share the same sentiment. Come join the club. I am a member too.

10. Destiny is not a chance but it has to be by choice. If something has to be achieved it should not be waited for.
Ans: Superb.

11. Deleting our irritating comments is ridiculous. Even many of your films are irritating.
Ans: I got a fantastic idea. Why don’t you just stay away from both my films and my blog. …………Bye.

12. If a guy has good imagination will you give him a chance and take him as an assistant director under your umbrella?
Ans: Hello, I don’t give chances. I only take chances. Also it primarily depends on good imagination in whose view and secondly if there is space under the umbrella.

13. How can I reach you with my script for a narration?
Ans: You can’t because wherever you are at any time I will make sure that I will be a thousand miles away.

P.S: I know that this was a mean and stupid joke but I just not could resist the barb. Seriously, I make films only with my own script ideas.