Ram Gopal Varma Blog #154. My Reactions to Reactions

1. U Rockkkk?
Ans: I always do and will bro.

2. You said that you never saw “SHIVA” in the theatre. Then how come you mentioned in “the biggest thrill of my life” that you did.
Ans: I didn’t go to see “SHIVA” there. I wanted to go that theatre since “SHIVA” was playing there. I wasn’t in the theatre for more than 5 minutes and also they stopped the projection when I went in, to introduce me to the audience. Happy now? I think you should chill and concentrate on larger issues instead of getting hyper about catching my lies, which I speak anyway.

P.S: “Me writing that I came out after watching the film was by mistake and incidentally I never watch any of my films in the theatre”.

3. What do you think of non-linear screenplays?
Ans: I for one generally do not connect to them. I feel a screenplay should be formatted like a very interestingly told straight story.

4. Can you comment on “choice is the attribute of the strong”.
Ans: I would say that, only when you make choices is when you become strong.

5. If you don’t have a family and children then when you die who will cry for you and who will take your body to the mortuary?
Ans: If that is the reason you want a family and children, your family and children should right now kill you and leave your body to the dogs and vultures.

6. What do women want in men?
Ans: Do I look like a woman for you to ask me that question?

P.S: I never ask a woman what she wants so that I don’t need to give her what she asks.

7. I have a great script.
Ans: Keep it in your house in a locker so that thieves like me won’t steal it.

8. In “Agyaat” why did you also kill the person who was holding the goddess chain?
Ans: For the same reason that in real life God also kills people at stampedes near his temples. You can call that my revenge on God.

P.S: Of course God again took his revenge by making “Agyaat” flop. So now in “Agyaat 2” I will kill more devotees.

9. How did you come up with the poster design of “Rakta Charitra”?
Ans: That was my publicity designer Anil’s idea.

10. Ramu, you are wonderful technician. But why do you always use same shots?
Ans: Because I am a wonderful technician.

11. Can I know your address? I want to come and teach you about God?
Ans: I live at the end of the world and by the time you reach here I will be at the other end of the world.

12. Do we need to take your thoughts seriously?
Ans: Serious people should take my thoughts lightly and light-hearted people should take them seriously and morons like you should take them super seriously.

13. Your blog made me realize that I take life too seriously but at the same time I don’t really have a passion about anything like you. What do I do?
Ans: Get married, have children and when the time comes just settle down in a grave.

14. How come you are always serious and never laugh?
Ans: Nietzsche said, “Man alone suffers so much that he was compelled to invent laughter”. Since I don’t suffer at all I don’t feel a need to laugh.

15. You say you zoom into the truth on your blog, then you say you lie to add masala and then you say you are too realistic to be honest. You are one twisted fuck.
Ans: Yes, you are right and the reason for that is truth, lies, masala, realism, honesty etc are most of the times fucking twisted.

16. Is truth far superior to lie?
Ans: Yes. A truth like, to tell a woman “I want to fuck you” is far superior than to tell her a lie like “I love you”.

17. Even in an ocean of poison there can be a drop of Amrutham.
Ans: Since anyway the poison is going to kill me by the time I reach the Amrutham drop I will rather leave that drop to you and I will just try to turn the poison into Amrutham.

18. You are wrong when you said, “To achieve anything you need to be brutally honest”. I say that you should be brutally realistic.
Ans: You are absolutely right. I stand corrected and thanks for the enlightenment and I mean it.

19. All those things you say must have taken years of research.
Ans: Well, like the old saying goes, “Rome was not built in a day”.

20. Forget western philosophies the Vedas are the only greatest scriptures.
Ans: Yeah right. The Veda’s are such great scriptures that in our entire country not a single bookshop bothers to keep them whereas even small railway stations book-stalls keep Ayn Rand.

21. No one was ever taught by another. Each of us has to teach himself. The external teacher offers only the suggestion which rouses the internal teacher to work to understand things. That realization will grow into an intense power of will – Vivekananda.
Ans: No one can ever teach anyone primarily because no one really wants to be taught. Each of us believe that we know best and hence we dumbly keep doing the same mistakes as what everyone else has been doing for centuries. We brush off the external suggestions as our internal ego makes us believe that we already know everything. The outcome of this thinking is what which makes us blame everything and everyone in the world except ourselves – RGV.

22. The power of thought, of looking far away into the future, and the power of memory of recalling the past to the present, make us live in heaven, they make us live in hell also. – Vivekananda.
Ans: The weakness of thought is that by its usage if you look far into the future and forget the present your memory cells might create a confused state between the past and the present and that will invariably create both heaven and hell on this earth itself. – RGV.

23. If you say that Ayn Rand is a philosopher I think it’s the best comedy line of the year.
Ans: And I think that you are the best comedian I came across in the last 3 decades.

24. Keep shooting “Rakta Charitra”. We are with you.
Ans: Whether you are with me or not the shoot will keep happening.

25. Do you have anyone that actually cares for you?
Ans: Since I don’t care for anyone who cares for me, I don’t care for anyone who wants to know if anybody cares for me.

26. Can you comment on this quote? “The question isn’t who is going to let me: It’s who is going to stop me?” – Ayn Rand.
Ans: That’s the line where I got my life’s attitude from.

27. After reading your blog I started living like how I want, and my friends are calling me mad.
Ans: Tell them that to be Mad is far better than to be Dumb.