Ram Gopal Varma Blog #183. My Reactions to Reactions

1. How is it that you express your thoughts better in English when compared to your Telugu interviews?

Ans: That could be because I think in English and also the influence on me has been mainly from English authors and English films.


2. Inspite of your literary and philosophical knowledge my assumption is that you must have been an average student.

Ans: I was actually a very bad student as I failed twice in my engineering and I finally passed with bare minimum marks and that also by copying.


3. The intensity of desire and passion determines the amount of pain we can sustain,

Ans: If the pain is physical it cannot be in control of the mind but a mental or an emotional pain will always be in the realm and the control of our own mind and it only depends on our understanding power. I always feel passion and never pain. In other words I am too understanding to ever feel pain.


4. If someone tries to get into medicine or engineering and misses the admission by a whisker will you consider him/her a failure?

Ans: For me anyone wanting to become an engineer or doctor is a failure. I know I must be sounding juvenile and stupid but since I experienced engineering I hate it and definitely I don’t want to spend my life looking into other peoples injuries and illnesses but yes I am glad that there are plenty out there who are stupid enough not to think like me and become doctors so that they are there to take care of me when I get sick or injured.


5. “Wages of fear” are the kind of work places in films where you need to go next.

Ans: I really agree with you and I am truly amazed at the insights you have on cinema. It’s not about praising or criticizing but it’s the why I am interested in as only asking why, telling why and listening to why, is what can make any one really grow.


6. Many hate you for the same reasons that others love you.

Ans: Story of my life Sir. On the same thought I want to say this, that if everyone unanimously hated a certain piece of my work I can probably seriously come to a conclusion that it is bad but even if one in thousands likes it and also for the reasons I intended then it can confuse me for the rest of my life. So since I can’t live in confusion I continue to do my work the way I chose to and hope that the one will some day become many. But many times the many become one and since I don’t know when that will happen I have no choice but to consider one as many.


7. There are a million possible films inside and outside each actual film.

Ans: I don’t know how to address you. (I don’t like your blog id cinephilia) but I must say that this is one of the most insightful understanding of cinema I ever heard among many others you said on this blog periodically. There is a very good writer or a director hidden in you and I would like to meet you to discuss the possibility of us working together.


8. A woman is like a highway. More the curves more the dangers.

Ans: Yes but I would rather risk the danger than loose out on the travel.


9. Personally I want sex, action, shock, free wheeling camera and celebration kind of movies from you.

Ans: Ahhhhhh! You are tempting me now. Yes, I think it’s high time I start doing that.


10. The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticisms.

Ans: Both praise and criticism have no meaning unless accompanied by reasons acceptable to the subject.


11. Contract is a movie that did not work for me. It might be a good exercise for interested people to improve or rework it.

Ans: Superb. Michael Caine once said that people should not remake hits and only flops should be remade. If there is a germ in the original idea like any idea is bound to have one can try and rework it.


12. Why is your art always serious and why not comedy art? Isn’t that the original Ramu?

Ans: Kind of yes. But the problem is that I look at comedy seriously and at seriousness comically.


13. How did you create Mallik’s character?

Ans: A bit of Howard Roark and a bit of me and lots of bits of what I copied from characters from various films I have seen over the years.

14. How do I discover my passion?

Ans: By just being truly truthful to your feelings.


15. Do the people who work for you also ask you questions like we do on this blog?

Ans: No, but I think it’s mostly the people who work with me who give me gaali’s on this blog with changed names.


16. Ayn Rand said, “Many people don’t like to find answers. They just like to think that no answer is possible”.

Ans: Yes and also most people just want to live their lives commenting on others faults and also gloating in others failures thereby completely and totally resigning themselves to be the ultimate failures in life.



P.S: I am posting a new trailor of Phoonk 2 and also the details of a Contest.

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LEt6aET8o8



PHOONK 2 – Scare Contest
Before the release of “PHOONK” there was a contest put out that if any viewer could dare to see the film sitting all alone in a theatre and not run out scared he will get a Cash Prize of Rs.5,00,000/- (USD$10,000/-).

The contestant who took the challenge didn’t even last for 30mins and ran out of the theatre.

After the release, some people alleged that the contest was rigged and that they never felt fear while watching the film. So now without going into an argument on the same, we have decided to open ourselves to a scientific evaluation of that claim.

For “PHOONK 2” we are going to implement our Contest in a very scientific way as never ever done before in the history of Cinema anywhere across the World. The viewer who will claim that he is not going to get scared will be fitted with an ECG machine while he is watching Phoonk 2 which will monitor his Heartbeat and Pulse rate and this will be shown live on a screen outside the theatre to both the Media and all concerned.

A normal person according to professionals has a certain average heartbeat and when subjected to any kind of an intense emotion the beats will considerably go up. So if the challenger claims that he had no fear while watching PHOONK 2 the monitor will tell whether he is lying or not and on the other hand if he can control his fear and thereby his heartbeat and not let it cross his normal heartbeat then he will get to win the cash prize of Rs.5Lakhs (USD$10,000/-).

We intend to launch the contest on 10th March on our official website www.phoonk2.in. This contest is Restricted to only healthy people with no history of Cardiac disease and also only to people who are between 18 and 60 years of age.

The contest will be open for people across INDIA and based on a computerized random draw people will be shortlisted, who then further will have to give a medical indemnification for further selection by our team and a medical professional who will eventually single out the final Challenger to be subjected to the test. The Challengers normal heartbeat will be recorded before and while the screening is happening. We will also make sure that the contestant is actually watching the film without closing his eyes by shooting him Live through a night vision camera and showing his facial expressions to the media and all concerned on a screen outside the theatre. If at all he wins this challenge he will be awarded the Prize money right at the Venue in front of everybody.

Official Website
http://www.Phoonk2.in

FACEBOOK

Profile

http://www.facebook.com/phoonk2

Fan Page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PHOONK-2-Official-Page/193654759775
Group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=258908811611

Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/phoonk2