Ram Gopal Varma Blog #185. My Reactions to Reactions

1. Everyone seems to be very clear about how others should lead their lives but have no idea about how to lead their own lives.
Ans: Bang on correct. Also I observed that people who just spend time on criticizing people who they think to be worthless will themselves be the most absolutely worthless people for their entire life times.

2. The Phoonk 2 contest is nothing but a gimmick.
Ans: When did I say No?

3. Nobody can win that contest?
Ans: That’s the idea, my friend.

4. Nobody will be that stupid as to take part in that contest.
Ans: You will be surprised.

5. The Phoonk 2 contest is scientifically incorrect.
Ans: Can you and the other brainies just chill and not take everything so seriously and let stupidies like me and the guys who want to take part in the contest just have our fun.

6. This whole fucking life is nothing but a long dream.
Ans: Yeah but it irritatingly keeps waking us up all the time.

7. To realize that you do not understand is a virtue. Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect.
Ans: And to realize that you understand is a default.

8. The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.
Ans: Yes, and then they are no longer called crazy.

9. My mind is obsessed with your blog thoughts.
Ans: Don’t forget that my thoughts are what I gathered over the years from many others thoughts. So it might not be that bad to get obsessed after all.

10. What is your take on editing?
Ans: It is nothing but about deciding what to show when.

11. In my childhood I asked my school teacher why a table fan rotates clockwise and a ceiling fan anti-clockwise.
Ans: If it is true that’s a pretty keen observation and I hope you are using your ability to observe beyond fans.

12. I think you should start a psychology clinic.
Ans: That’s a damn neat idea. I think I will have enough patients from this blog itself.

13. Don’t you think revealing too much info on Rakta Charitra will kill the excitement?
Ans: I don’t think I will be ever able to reveal enough of Rakta Charitra even in the film by itself because the subject matter is too deep and one can keep on excavating it without ever reaching the bottom.

14. If you find Ramayana boring material for a film then how could you have liked Avatar?
Ans: I already mentioned in my article that I never saw Avatar as a film. I just merely experienced it.

15. Why the hell do you want to make a film on the scum of society?
Ans: So that nerds like you will understand how that scum gets created.

16. When you think of mountain heights, I think of dynamites and tunnels. – Gail Wynand “Fountainhead”.
Ans: When you think of Mother Teresa, I think of Hitler and Osama Bin Laden. – RGV-“blog”.

17. Don’t justify criminals in Rakta Charitra.
Ans: Well Sir, if you just ignore a criminal by merely calling him a criminal, you can be sure that the criminal will not ignore you.

18. You said that a director should not feel an emotion as he will be in the danger of loosing his objectivity and then you say you travelled emotionally along with the characters of Rakta Charitra.
Ans: I meant as in a travel of studying their emotions.

19. A man’s essential nature is goodness.
Ans: Yes but the problem is that the bad men don’t know it, and hence they continue to be bad. So a good man like you should go and tell the bad men that they are actually good men so that they then can feel good about being bad men.

20. Why did you buckle under pressure and showed Sarkar to Bal Thackeray?
Ans: Dumbo, he never asked me to show. It was me who was dying to show off.

21. You are a very shallow person.
Ans: Yes, and that’s the reason I stay afloat.

22. To forget one’s purpose is the commonest form of stupidity. – Nietzsche.
Ans: Not to stick to just one purpose is uncommon intelligence.  – RGV