Ram Gopal Varma Blog #209. My Reactions to Reactions

1. Sometimes women seem to be far better in fantasy than in reality
Ans: That’s because in Fantasy you can control them and in reality they control you.

2. You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid consequences of reality.
Ans: But by taking decisions on subsequential consequences you can still avoid reality.

3. The film is ready we just have to shoot it – Alfred Hitchcock.
Ans: The film is ready we just have to release it… to know if it’s a film or not – RGV

4. Lot of people address Mani Ratnam as SIR. I wish someday you will also be addressed as SIR.
Ans: On my God!! Noooooooo !!!!  I anyday prefer being kicked on my back side than being addressed as SIR.

That’s because then I can’t talk about sex and vodka in the same breath as that of cinema and philosophy.


Incidentally they put a shawl on K. Vishwanath’s shoulders, touched his feet and then buried him.


Let me remain Ramu the Idiot pleaseee.

5. I liked the court scene at the end of Fountainhead movie where Howard Roark differentiates between Individuals against collective minds.
Ans: You are a joke with a capital ‘J’ man, to like a scene in Fountainhead as if it is just one more scene which you liked from various other films.

6. How does sex influence a man intellectually?
Ans: Both Sex and Power are the only two things in life which are worthy enough to be wanting to be achieved and it’s your degree of intelligence which will achieve you degrees of those both.

7. Do you follow this strategy “If you can’t convince them confuse them”?
Ans: I convincingly confuse them and confusingly convince them. The trick is in you yourself not getting convinced with your confusions because if you do that your confusion will convince you and there after you will be forever between confusing convictions and convincing confusions.

8. Sometimes just to create effect you write nonsense.
Ans: Sense appears as non-sense to nonsensical people.

9. What kind of women do you like exactly?
Ans: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! The mention of the word Women makes my senses go into nonsense..

Having said that I like the kind of a woman who is non-sensible enough to believe in my sensibility.

10. Is it necessary to read “Fountainhead” even after reading your blog?
Ans: My blog is the comedy track of fountainhead.

11. What do you think would have happened if Nietzsche and Ayn Rand fell in love.
Ans: All night they would have talked and not make love. It would have been the worst marriage in history.

12. You never try to curb your child like instincts. Why?
Ans: That’s because I was born as a Genius and grew up to be an Idiot and then one day wisdom hit me and ever since then I am trying to go back to being a child. 

A child can do things unknowingly for known results whereas an adult knowingly does things for unknown results.

13. When your art is for yourself how do you explain your insatiable desire to occupy the mind space of others through your movies?
Ans: That’s a very good question, Mikeyiconoclast.

My art is surely for myself but my desire to communicate it to others is what my life is about. But if I am influenced by others reactions and expectations and if I try to change my art then it no longer remains my art.

14. Why do you call yourself a dumbo when you know you are not?
Ans: Only a Genius can call himself a dumbo and if that makes you feel that I am calling myself a genius let me tell you this that only a dumbo can call himself a genius.

15. Your blog pulls me out of depression. I just remember your posts and work and rework.
Ans: Great to hear that… You should use my blog like “after sex cuddling”.

16. The logic in your reactions is twisted just for getting effect.
Ans: Effect comes only from twisting and what can be twisted is only logic.

17. You are the most iconic rebel I have ever seen in my life.
Ans: Yeah, that’s because I rebel not only against rebels but also against the concept of rebellion.

18. It amazes me as to how you can evaluate yourself in isolation putting aside the rest of the world.
Ans: That’s because the world as I know it is only in my head and in other words I am the world.

P.S: Refer to my article “My World”

19. You say you are alone and then you mention friends in your posts. Do you always lie?
Ans: I lie to convey a truth and I tell truth to cover up a lie.

I am a loner in thoughts and not necessarily in company.

20. My mind is fucked up after reading your blog. But I just cannot stop reading it.
Ans:  Read it till your mind learns how to fuck and from then on it will stop getting fucked up.

21. What incidents made you go into a “I care a damn attitude”?
Ans: My “I care a damn attitude” is what which created the incidents. Having said that let me tell you this also that I care a lot of damns about my “I care a damn attitude” and hence I use, apply, exploit and manipulate people with the “I care a lot” attitude.


22. Why do you think there are no child characters in Ayn Rand’s novels?
Ans: She dislikes children as much as me.


23. What do you think is the main difference between you and Satyendra?
Ans: He is the hero and I am a side kick.


24. Why is that I wake up as Howard Roark, spend the day looking for Henry Camerons, avoiding Guy Francons and then end up as a Peter Keating by night.
Ans: That is because unlike Roark you have to pay your bills, deal with irritants like your family and the egos of your bosses, bad Governments, Rickshaw strikes, a nagging wife and insufferable children.

If Roark had to go through all this he would have been worse than Peter Keating. Ayn Rand created Roark who is designed to live on just self respect where as we lesser mortals need bread and butter.


25. Ramuism is meant only for Ramu as there is only one Ramu and no one can ever become Ramu and hence Ramu will forever remain the only Ramu.
Ans: Ramu is not Ramu. Ramu is who you think Ramu is and Ramuism if you understand it, is nothing but your own ism and there cannot be a single Ramu because Ramu is many as in his collection of thoughts from various other sources and also many is Ramu because those thoughts are restructured through Ramu and also Ramu cannot ever remain Ramu as there is no such thing as Ramu.