Ram Gopal Varma Blog #213. My Reactions to Reactions

1) What did you think of “Inception”
Ans: It is the kind of a film which will make any Director in the world feel like an idiot compared to Nolan. The greatest thing about it is that Nolan takes it for granted that the audience are intelligent where as most of us idiotic Directors assume that the audience are too foolish to understand anything that complex.

2) Do you like being RGV?
Ans: I like the way I feel, I like the way I think, I like the way I do and I am RGV for others and for me I am myself.

3) I can see your attitude in “Nishabd”. Is that a coincidence or intentional?
Ans: My attitude reflects in every single character and film of mine whether good, bad or ugly.

4) How did you prepare for your exams in Engineering?
Ans: I used to copy.

5) Why do you think common sense is rarely common?
Ans: Because I am commonly asked this kind of several non-common sensical questions by many commoners like you.

6) Are you opinionated?
Ans: No. I am an opinionizer

7) RGV your 1% of brain that I like, symbolically is reflected to Dr. Hannibal and 99% to starling and the 10% of that 1% of Hannibal’s brain is where the order comes from the chaos. The rest 90% of 1% is your own amusement you use for your own twisted humor. Well, it takes some percentage of brain to understand another.
Ans: Well this sounds as complex as ‘Inception’.

The point is this that 1% of my brains is in chaos whereas 99% of it is in order but that 1% chaos triggers a chain reaction in the 99% order which converts it into 99% chaos which in turn orders the 1% chaotic order to order 99% chaos.

8) It took a lifetime for you to develop a certain integrated perception of existence and for us no more than 10-15 blog pages to analyze it.
I think you need to introduce yourself to a new philosopher.
Ans: It didn’t take me a lifetime but I took time out from my life to have an integrated understanding (not perception) my intention was never to educate you or to make you analyze. I am just expressing on the blog and if you feel you have got enough you need to introduce yourself to a new philosopher.


“Books knowledge and interactions with people and thoughts are like the stepping stones of a ladder. As soon as you climb you should leave the step below. You shouldn’t carry what should carry you” – Arthur Schopenhauer (The World as Will and Idea)

9) Do you think you would be the same person without ever reading the ‘Fountainhead’, ‘Thus spake Zarathustra’ and knowing Satyendra?
Ans: That’s a good question. It’s very difficult to say whether because of the person I am I understood them or it’s because I understand them I became what I am. Nevertheless they are the people who put an order into my disarranged thoughts and gave a clear direction to channelize my energies.

10) You are too impressed with yourself aren’t you?
Ans: Yes and that is largely due to my interaction with the morons of the world including you who ask me such inane questions thereby leaving me with no choice but to be impressed with myself.

11) My friends called me Psycho for following your blog but when I started applying Ramuism practically they are calling me a Genius.
Ans: Well very few people have the capacity to understand thoughts. They can only react to results of deeds.

12) God knows if god really exists but definitely he doesn’t exist the way he would think he exists, if at all he exists.
Ans: God doesn’t know if people believe he exists but definitely people believe that God believes they believe that their belief in God and Gods non belief in their belief will eventually prove that God is a non-believer and it’s the people who are believers.

13) What is more challenging between fictionalizing a real story and telling a fictional story in a realistic form.
Ans: The most difficult is to create a state in the audiences mind for them not knowing what is fiction and what is real.

14) Considering that ‘Scarface’, ‘Godfather’ etc were made in the 70s do you think ‘Satya’ and ‘Company’ should have happened in Indian Cinema way before?
Ans: We are a 3rd world with 3rd class minds and we normally take 30 years to catchup with the minds of the West though I think we will take 300 years to reach ‘Avatar’ and ‘Inception’.

15) If I were to be born again, I would be you.
Ans: Wanting to be anyone or anything is not about being born again but it is about being able to kill the mental blocks within you.

“Man ties himself to a Yoke and then runs around in circles” – Frederick Nietzsche.


The yoke is nothing but the programming set in your mind by your parents, teachers, religion etc. Just free yourself from that yoke and then you can gallop in any direction you choose to instead of going on circling the yoke and complaining about the pain in your neck.